Centrium Business Park
What information may be collected about you?
Personal information is any information which identifies you, or could be used to identify you, such as your name, contact details and interests. It may also include information about how you use our website or digital communications. We will only collect necessary personal data.
You can give us your personal information a number of ways, by filling in forms on our website, registering for our newsletter, submitting a recipe, subscribing to take part in our Guiding Panel, entering a competition, promotion or survey or by corresponding with us (by social media platforms, phone, email or post).
This website is intended for use only by persons 16 years of age or older. By using the website, you represent that you are at least 16 years of age. If you are under 16, please do not provide us with any of your information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so. Please contact us as provided above if you believe we may have collected such information regarding your minor child without your consent.
The following types of personal information about you may be collected:
- • When you register with us, you may provide your personal details (name, email, address, age bracket, gender, telephone, and so on).
- • When you connect with us, including by email, post and phone or through social media, the personal information you provide such as your name, contact details (telephone , email & postal address) and nature of query/complaint.
- • When we contact with you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our services, we may collect personal information you give us (product preferences, interests, buying behaviour and so on).
- • We may automatically collect the following information:
- • When we send you digital communications we may collect information on your email provider, whether you open or forward our communications, including any links within them that you click on.
This site uses different types of cookie.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes information, as well as how you can control the information sent to Google, please review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google offers an opt-out mechanism here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We use Facebook pixel cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site.
For more information on Facebook and Instagram’s advertising tools and your options to opt-out, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies
We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners.
Links to other websites
What do we use your personal information for?
The main uses of your personal information are:
- • To provide services tailored to your requirements and to treat you in a more personal way.
- • To carry out analysis and market research to help improve our product range and services.
- • To carry out marketing and keep you informed of The Spice Tailors products and services subject to applicable laws.
- • To send you samples of our products to gather feedback.
- • To respond to enquiries and ensure you get the best possible customer care.
- • To improve our websites and other communication channels.
- • For management and administrative purposes.
We will only send you communications if you agree to receive them.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may share and disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- • to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- • to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- • to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation or a request for cooperation by a government entity;
- • to protect our legal rights and interests, our business partners and third-party service providers, and our and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and customers;
- • to protect against fraud;
Subject to applicable data protection laws, you may request information about our collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by service providers. You may do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer at the contact information set out above.
Storage and retention of your personal information
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal information. We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Updating your data and marketing preferences
It is important to us that you remain in control of your data. If, at any time, you want to update your marketing preferences please contact our Data Protection Officer at the contact information set out above.
In addition, each marketing communication we send will also have an unsubscribe option which will allow you to stop receiving further marketing communications. We aim to action requests to stop receiving marketing communications from being sent within 14 days. But it is possible you could receive some marketing in the period prior to that change being made.
Accessing, updating and withdrawing consent
Subject to applicable data protection laws, you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold for you and to correct any inaccuracies as well as to exercise your cancellation, rectification and objection rights. If you want to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you and/or if you want to port your personal information to another organisation, please provide the following information in writing:
- • Your name
- • Postal address and email
Any details which may help us to identify you, for example: date when you registered/contacted us. Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity with reasonable information before we can act on your request. Please write to our Data Protection Officer at the contact information set out above.
Where we can provide data and action requests, we will do so free of charge. Subject to applicable laws, we will respond within approximately 30 days of receipt of your request.
What to do if you're not happy?
Firstly, please talk to us directly so we can resolve any problem or query you may have. You also have the right, to contact and/or lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority, for example the UK national data protection authority (www.ico.org.uk).